Your Trusted Partner
Becoming a trusted partner of the organisations and companies we work with, as well as optimising your business and performance are our key objectives.
The real world and breadth of experience offered by Principal Murray Bain, ensures you are provide both strategic and operational support.
Murray Bain is an experienced company director having worked in both the private and public sectors in both governance and senior management positions. He brings a range of knowledge and experience to the Board table particularly in the following areas:
- expertise in financial and risk management – including areas such as cyber security
- a strong understanding of digital technologies along with the strategic opportunities and the risks they present
- a background in strategically positioning organisations in periods of disruptive change
- significant experience in the role of Boards both in leadership and in supporting management
- a depth of governance experience across both the public and private sectors
- significant experience in leading transformational change
Murray Bain’s working background in IT systems and finance, as well as in leading the operational side of organisations, ensures he brings a unique mix of skills, combining strategic thinking with an understanding of practical operational realities and the importance of bringing staff and management on the journey.
His governance and senior management experience, together with having operated across a range of industries and organisational ownership structures, enables him to bring an experienced based approach to addressing strategic and organisational challenges.
- advising on the role of governance both in leadership and in supporting management, both in working towards the clear separation of governance from management and in working with Boards where governance experience is limited.
- working strategically to position an organisation for the future – through transformational change where necessary;
- interfacing and building relationships between government agencies and the private sector;
- advising on the effectiveness of organisation design, governance roles and executive teams;
- managing through significant organisational change including cultural focus (for example, bringing together a group of regional organisations into a single national entity);
- complex project implementation and organisational configuration;
- risk and financial management;
- transitional chief executive and leadership roles; and
- providing a macro perspective of global and national technological drivers and challenges.
Senior Executive Experience
Senior executive experience spans both the private and state sectors and includes senior leadership positions in the areas of IT, treasury and finance as well as leading front-line operations.
Experience has been across a broad range of industries including banking, electricity, health, and tertiary education. science and innovation, accident compensation, and regional economic development.